Looking for More?

Thanks for visiting These Good Ideas. If you're looking for more frequent posts from me please visit my new blog! Husband and I recently bought a house and it is a fixer. We have lots to do and lots to blog about and lots of great ideas we'd love to share with you! You'll find all kinds of interesting ideas and tips over there and the posts are much more frequent. Thanks for reading!

www.twoseekhome.blogspot.com

2/7/11

Good Idea #19: Nick Dothée

There are so many things that I love about Nick Dothée.  Since I have the privilege of knowing him personally I can testify that he is one of the sweetest, most down-to-earth, honest souls that I know.  These traits translate perfectly into his music.  Nick's first Solo EP, My Own Devices, set to release tomorrow comes straight from the heart.  Listening to it you can feel Nick's  process of learning, growth and discovery and the importance that music holds in his life.  I have had the privilege of interviewing Nick twice in the last year.  Once shortly after his move to Portland and again in anticipation of the new EP.  Check out both interviews at: www.nw23rdav.wordpress.com.

Photo by Corey Bruce www.aislinncreative.com
My Own Devices will be available tomorrow, February 8th on iTunes, Amazon, and in select stores.  Mp3 downloads and hard copies are available now and always at www.nickdothee.com.


In April, Nick will release a live EP, The Secret Society Sessions.  Personally I am really looking forward to that release.  In the little bit of a preview that I've heard, the live setting really brings out the honesty in Nick's music.  It will include vocals by Jordan Harris as well live piano and violin.  It's just a little teaser, but I love love love this video and I'm so very excited for the release and to see Nick perform live starting next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...