Looking for More?

Thanks for visiting These Good Ideas. If you're looking for more frequent posts from me please visit my new blog! Husband and I recently bought a house and it is a fixer. We have lots to do and lots to blog about and lots of great ideas we'd love to share with you! You'll find all kinds of interesting ideas and tips over there and the posts are much more frequent. Thanks for reading!

www.twoseekhome.blogspot.com

3/10/11

Good Idea #25: Happy Birthday Birthday Cake


Today is my Birthday!  How fitting that Apartment Therapy just featured this awesome birthday cake mold today from Generate.  Such a good idea.  The only thing that would have been better is if I could have gotten it in time to make myself a cake for today!  Here's what I did instead:

Husband and I began the morning early with breakfast at Black Sheep Bakery, a local (mostly) vegan bakery that is just a couple blocks from our apartment.  I was planning on trying the vegan biscuits and gravy (the gravy is vegan, too) but they were out of gravy.  So we went ahead and got some very non-vegan egg, cheese and bacon on our vegan biscuits.  All parts, vegan and non-vegan, were a delicious and filling beginning to the morning.

Husband headed off to work for the day and after washing down my breakfast with some coffee and delicious chocolate-covered macaroons (a birthday gift from husband) I got a rare chance to chat with my very busy east-coast best friend, Marcie.  It is always wonderful to hear from her!  Her lovely little daughter's birthday is today, too, so I know I will always have a chance to chat with them on March 10th!

I also got to talk to my whole family today.  My sister, Nana and parents all called to say hello and wish me a good day.  I got to do a little writing, too, before Husband came home to make me a birthday dinner.  After dinner I made myself a batch of cupcakes.  Yum.  And finally I got to take a little time to sit down and share my day with you.  Happy Birthday to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...