Looking for More?

Thanks for visiting These Good Ideas. If you're looking for more frequent posts from me please visit my new blog! Husband and I recently bought a house and it is a fixer. We have lots to do and lots to blog about and lots of great ideas we'd love to share with you! You'll find all kinds of interesting ideas and tips over there and the posts are much more frequent. Thanks for reading!

www.twoseekhome.blogspot.com

1/25/11

Good Idea #14: Super Easy DIY Pins

This is pretty much the easiest thing ever and a great use for some old jewelry.  I acquired some clip-on earrings from my grandmother that I loved, but who has use for clip-on earrings?  So I went to Michaels and got myself some pin backs and E6000 multi-purpose adhesive.  I also got some plain pushpins at Home Depot; amazingly, the only place I could find them.  I swear there have to be plain flat pushpins meant for crafting somewhere in the world, but I couldn't find any for the life of me so regular rounded ones would have to do the trick.  It turned out that with the super-thick E6000 glue it wasn't a problem.  I was able to pull the clips off the earrings pretty easily with a pair of pliers.  The rest is kind of a no-brainer, so I won't do a step by step, but here are photos.




If you're wondering, the lovely ornaments are from Jackie Bos.  Find similar items in her etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/jackiepeppermint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...